Undergraduate Advising Office for BICH and GENE Majors
Office: Room 104, Biochemistry & Biophysics Building
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
ATTENTION: Beginning immediately, all advising appointments will be online only using Zoom. You will schedule an appointment through Navigate as normal, except you will select ‘online’ as the meeting type. Before your appointment, your advisor will send you an invite to your Zoom meeting in an email.
All advising appointments are scheduled through Howdy:
- Go to My Record and click on NAVIGATE – Schedule Advising Appointments. You’ll choose our college (Ag & Life Sciences), the reason for meeting, our location (Biochemistry/Biophysics Building), and your advisor.
- If your last name begins with A-L, your assigned advisor is Khara Spears.
- If your last name begins with M-Z, your assigned advisor is Tami Hawkins.
- Also be sure to include a comment about why you want to meet, even for q-drop or change of major.
Prepare for the meeting:
- If you need assistance with your schedule or long-term planning, bring a draft schedule or list of classes you are considering along with your advising folder
- Write down questions/issues you need to discuss.
- Arrive on time. Your appointment may be rescheduled if you arrive more than 10 minutes late.
Failure to schedule with the correct advisor or to include a comment will result in the appointment being cancelled!
We will then contact you to follow the instructions and reschedule again.