Howdy, Prospective Graduate Student!
Graduate students are vital members of the Department and have leading roles in
- selecting seminar speakers
- awarding grants for graduate student travel to scientific meetings
- graduate student recruiting
- Beginning September 2012, financial support for all PhD students with a stipend of $26,000 per year in addition to payment of tuition and required fees
- health insurance
- for well-qualified applicants, Fellowships from university and Federally-funded training programs
- flexible degree plan options
- research rotations in 4 laboratories before choosing a research adviser
- no teaching during the first year of graduate school
- excellent research programs, facilities, and faculty
- close cooperation between research groups in a collegial atmosphere
- a low cost-of-living area with none of the traffic problems of large urban areas
- Gulf Coast climate with mild winters
- SEC big-time college athletics
You can more about our program and the application process by following the links below:
We invite you to join our outstanding graduate students in the adventure that is modern biochemistry!
Click here to find out how to apply to the program. Applications from under-represented groups are encouraged.
For additional information about the Department of Biochemistry & Biophysics, please visit other webpages on this site.
More information about Texas A&M University and the State of Texas